With these spreadsheets you can track positive or negative gearing and how much the property is truly costing you. For each year, there is a tab to record income and expenses. The expense categories are pre-filled but you can type over the top of the existing categories and add your own in the blank rows as well. On each of these tabs is a pie graph of the expenses (by category) which will automatically update as you enter values into the spreadsheet, so you can see which expenses are big ticket items, where you might be able to cut back, and also to forecast future maintenance items.
Anything you enter in the tabs for each year will automatically populate the summary tab. The summary tab has a pie graph of expenses (by category) and a bar graph for income versus expenses.
– Instant download – start using it straight away!
– Excel file format (can also be used in Google Sheets and Numbers for Mac)
– Formulas will automatically pull the numbers through from the detail tabs (where you input your information) into the summary tab so you don’t need to enter things twice
– Can make as many copies of the spreadsheet as you need for each of your rental properties
– Purchase once and re-use again and again each year